The story continues with Nora thinking about what would happen if Torvald found out her dark secret. To Nora this thought is Excruciating and she prefers not to be caught. Forging a signiture is a pretty big deal and not to mention a crime. She told Kristina,an old friend,her situation and she said she would help. Nora was preparing for her Tarantella as Kristina talked some sense into Krogstad. What she told Krogstad saved Nora for a while but Kristina decided to leave the letter there.
Some the characters have developed since the first act. Nora has begun to see how Helmer really is and she thinks he is intolerable. Its beginning to seem like Nora is ready to leave. Helmer seems to stay the same and is still oblivious of the situation. Eventually the secret would come out but I had no clue how he would react. All I could do is wish Nora good luck.
First Post by Tuesday, 11:59PM
10 years ago
When Kristina went to go talk to Krogstad for Nora, I knew there would be some flirting going on, but I didn't know she was going to completley throw her under the bus!! Bad friend.
ReplyDeleteI also think that Nora is getting ready to leave.
ReplyDeleteI think it's best Kristina left the letter for Helmer to see because he was going to find out sooner or later. That's not really a trust worthy friend but I think she did the best thing.
ReplyDeleteHelmer is oblivious to the situation because he's still treating her like a child, I wonder what he'll think of her after he finds out though
ReplyDeleteI think kristina did wrong in telling Nora she would help by talking to Krogstad. However,Kristina knew what was right and at the end she may have backstabbed Nora but she knew it would end up helping her.
ReplyDelete